|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The primary residence is approximately 2800 s/f with exterior walls of concrete and steel covered with low maintenance vinyl siding.
A finished apartment with kitchenette/ living room area, bedroom, walk in closet and bath is on the basement level. Additional storage is also available. Access can be from the 1st floor or via a walk out. Ample natural lighting is made possible by the French door and the windows located in the 26' X 13' kitchenette/ living room area.
First floor includes large kitchen and adjoining Great Room complete with oak hardwood flooring, Mediterranean ceilings and Vermont Casting stove are beautiful features of this room. A 20' X 12' Sun-room located off the rear of the Great Room allows viewing of the surrounding rural setting during all seasons. Added to this level is a half bath; the master bedroom; walk in closet; master bath with soaking tub and a separate shower area.
During warm weather, meals are often enjoyed on the solitude of the porch overlooking the fields and forest of the property.
The second level consists of two 13' X 13' bedrooms with commanding views and a full bath with a 100 year old reconditioned claw foot tub.
The main residence also features a total of 7 ceiling fans throughout; a central vacuum system; whole house attic fan; water softener; and new hot water heater and cooking stove plus supplemental solar hot water and solar electric.
The smaller 450 s/f Studio/guest house has electric and water and is ready to be converted to an efficiency apartment. The oak hardwood flooring and three ceiling fans/lights with a large picture window adds to this building's unique character. The basement is currently used for food storage.
A 28' X 20' high tunnel greenhouse has both electric and water. Blackberries, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach are just a few of the foods grown.
Additional property features offered is a stocked fish pond; cave access; field water access; gardens and fruit trees, good perimeter and cross fencing; storage and outbuildings plus a 20' X 20' new carport.
Located just 15 minutes from the airport, 13 miles from I-64 and 14 miles from downtown Lewisburg, WV.
The Greenbrier Hotel, Snow Shoe Resort and Greenbrier River are all short distances away. Driving time to
Richmond 3.5 hours; Washington 4.25 hours; & Baltimore 4.75 hours.
Brokers Welcomed & Protected
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 2,800
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 7
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2011
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 50 Acres
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed