|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
While a great place for fun and activity, the tranquility and serenity of this pristine land also lends itself to be ideal for retreats. The property is surrounded by large property parcels owned by unintrusive but compatible neighbors, so your privacy and soliturde are never violated. At night, there is no light but the lights from the sky, no sounds but your own. While close to town, you are in complete command of your environment.
Located eleven miles from downtown Gaylord, I-75 and the Gaylord Regional Airport
Main Residence Features: 2 Stories, Combined Living & Dining Room, 3 Full Baths, Fieldstone Fireplace, All Appliances, Completely Private, Paved Access Road, Swiss Chalet/Alpine Architectural Style, Private Well, Satellite Internet, 3 Large Outside Property Lights, Cottage Garden, Tiered Gravel Landscaping, Electric and Fuel Oil Heat, Septic, Balcony, Patio.
Guest Apartment/Garage Features: 2 Car Garage, Electric Garage Door, Efficiency Apartment, Kitchenette, Original Knotty Pine Interior. Smoke free environment.
Guest Cottage/ Art Studio Features: Efficiency Apartment, Kitchenette, Original Knotty Pine Interior, Halogen Spot Lighting, Front Porch With Screened Windows, Winterized, Electric Heat, Water on Main Line Individual Shut Off, Electric on Separate Service.
Guest/Caretaker's House Features: Full Kitchen With All Appliances, Built-In Cabinets, Halogen Spot Lighting, Picture Window, Foyer, Partial Basement With Laundry, Walk-Out Basement to Yard With Fieldstone Retaining Wall, Winterized, Propane Heating, Water on Main Line Individual Shut Off, Septic.
Truck Garage Features: Electric Service, Electric Garage Door, Wired for 240 (for kilns), Used For Truck, Plow, Lawnmowers.
Tractor Barn Features: Manual & Electric Garage Door, Slant Incline Entrance (For ATV), Built-In Wall Heater, Used For Tractor, Alternator, ATV.
All buildings and property are smoke-free.
Property Features: 540 Private Wooded Acres, 9+ Acre Spring-Fed Lake, Deeded Trout Pond, Cleared Fields With Observation Blinds, Abundant Morel Mushroom Crops, Mature Hardwood Stands, Thousands Of Decidious and Conifer trees, Mature Pine and Red Maple ready for harvest, Active Forest Stewardship, Miles Of Groomed Interior Roads & Trails, Black Walnut-Lined Entrance, Adjacent State/Federal Land
Features of Gaylord:
Gaylord is known as the Apline Village after adopting the architecture of the famed local Otsego Ski Club in the 1930's. The downtown stores have Alpine exteriors, maintaining continutity in the charming shopping district. In keeping with its adopted Swiss heritage, the community has summer and winter festivals, making it a tourist destination. Gaylord is famous for its color tours in the Fall and is the Midwestern Mecca for golfing. It's an all-seasons recreation adventure for summer and winter sports alike. Sawyer Road is less than 4 miles from the famous Treetops Resort, an award-winning golf course and high-end resort known for its spa, skiing, dining and conventions. Eleven miles away is Hidden Valley, an exclusive dining experience and golf course for aficionodos. Michaywe Pines, The Loons and many other courses are minutes away.
An extrordinary trail system, the North Central State Trail, is a pahtway for non-motorized vehicles that connects Northern Michigan towns, starting in Gaylord and terminating in Mackinaw City.
Michigan is known as the Land of 10,000 lakes. Gaylord is in the hub of some of the state's finest water sports, including swimming and waterskiing, canoeing and kayacking, summer fishing and ice fishing, not to mention fly fishing in the many pristine, fresh-water streams nearby. With a Tier 1 regional airport, the town is easy to access by plane. Gaylord is located directly off I-75 and a short distance from Petoskey, Mackinaw City, Charlevoix, Traverse City and Grayling. This property puts you right in the middle of everything Northern Michigan has to offer. Additional photos, descriptions, brochures and PDFs are available on request.
Churches and Nonprofit Organizations
Large Arts Community
Groen Nature Preserve
Tier 1 Regional Airport
Seat of the Roman Diocese
90+ Inland Lakes
101 miles of groomed snowmobile trails
Commission on Aging
Award Winning Library
Major Retail Shopping
Main Street Boutique Shopping
Otsego Memorial Hospital
Community Sports Center
Community College/University Center
Golfing Mecca-17 Championship Courses
Campgrounds and State Park
Adjacent to 150-Acre Pigeon River State Forest
Commission to buyer's realtor.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,592
- Bedrooms: 12
- Bathrooms: 6
Additional Rooms: 16
- Main Residence First: 16 x 17
- Main Residence First: 12 x 9
- Main Residence First: 27 x 24
- Main Residence First: 8 x 4
- Main Residence First: 6 x 5
- Main Residence First: 5 x 10
- Main Residence First: 17 x 21
- Main Residence Firs: 14 x 17
- Main Residence Secon: 11 x 13
- Main Residence Secon: 12 x 11
- Main Residence Secon: 18 x 11
- Main Residence Secon: 8 x 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1972
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 540 Acres
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed