|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
THIS PROPERTY IS LOCATED ON GRAND LAKE IN PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY. GRAND LAKE IS THE SIXTH LARGEST INLAND LAKE IN MICHIGAN. THE VIEW FROM THE FRONT DECK LOOKS OVER THE LAKE WITH A VIEW OF OVER TWO MILES DOWN THE LAKE, AND A FRONT VIEW OF OVER A MILE. THIS PROPERTY HAS WATER FRONTAGE OF 60' AND THE HOUSE IS 100' FROM THE WATER'S EDGE. THE FRONT YARD IS FLAT WITH AN ELEVATION OF 3' ABOVE THE WATER LINE. THE FRONT YARD HAS THREE DWARF APPLE TREES AND TWO PEAR TREES. THE SIDE DECK RAILING HAS GRAPE VINES THAT PRODUCE 60/70 LBS. OF GRAPES EACH YEAR. AT THE REAR OF THE HOUSE IS A RAISED VEGETABLE GARDEN 5' X 35'. THE LOT SIZE IS 60' X 250' LOCATED ON US 23, 20 MILES NORTH OF ALPENA.
THIS HOME OFFERS A WALK-OUT FINISHED BASEMENT WITH A LARGE FLAT SCREEN TV AND SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. CENTERED ON A NATURAL STONE WALL IS A HEARTHSTONE, SOAPSTONE WOODSTOVE SET IN A FIREPLACE OPENING. REMODELED IN 2011.
THE REAR OF THE DOWNSTAIRS HAS A FURNACE ROOM, A COLD STARAGE ROOM AND A FINISHED CRAFT/ OFFICE ROOM.
THE MAIN FLOOR, FACING THE LAKE IS A GLASSED IN SUN ROOM, WITH TILE FLOOR, AND A FIVE PERSON HOT TUB, THIS ROOM WAS ADDED IN 2003.
THE LIVING ROOM HAS A 19' HIGH CEILING WITH A STONE FIREPLACE, WITH A SELF CONTAINED GAS FIREPLACE. THE LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM AND THE KITCHEN AREA ARE OPEN FLOOR PLAN, ALL THIS AREA WAS REMODELED IN 1999.
THE KITCHEN HAS A DISHWASHER, NEW IN 2012, THE GAS RANGE IS A GE PROFILE NEW IN 2006 ALONG WITH THE FRIG. THE MICROWAVE WAS NEW IN 2012. TILE FLOORS THROUGHOUT THE KITCHEN, DINING AND HALLWAY. PAINTED IN 2015
A FULL SIZED LAUNDRY ROOM IS OFF THE KITCHEN AND OFFERS A FRONT LOAD WASHER , ELECTRIC DRYER, LARGE COUNTERTOP, WITH CABINETS ABOVE AND A CLEANING SUPPLY CLOSET. TILE FLOOR. REMODELED IN 2001.
OFF OF THE KITCHEN IS A WALK-IN PANTRY WITH PLENTY OF SELF SPACE.
THE MAIN BATHROOM IS FULL SIZED WITH A TUB/ SHOWER UP DATED IN 2001. FLOOR IS TILE. PAINTED 2015
THE NICE SIZED MASTER BEDROOM HAS A WALK-IN CLOSET, WITH OAK FLOORING, THE MASTER BATHROOM HAS A CUSTOM TILE SHOWER, AND AND IS A FULL SIZED BATHROOM. TILE FLOOR. BOTH ROOMS REMODELED IN 2004, PAINTED 2015.
ENTRY WAY HAS A FULL SIZED CLOSET.
IN FRONT OF THE DINING ROOM IS A COVERED PORCH ALSO AN OPEN AIRED DECK, WITH PLENTY OF ROOM TO VIEW THE LAKE, THIS AREA IS 8' OFF THE GROUND.
THE LOFT OFFERS A OFFICE OPENED TO THE LIVING ROOM/ DINING ROOM AREA, THIS AREA ALSO HAS THREE SKYLIGHT, WITH ONE THAT CAN BE OPENED.
THE LOFT AREA ALSO HAS TWO BEDROOMS WITH CLOSETS. ALL OF THE CEILINGS OF THIS HOME HAVE LARGE FIR BEAMED CEILINGS AND WOOD PANELING.
THE GARAGE IS 36' X 24'; THE FIRST FLOOR HAS A DIVIED 24' X 24' WORKSHOP, WHICH CAN BE TURNED BACK INTO A GARAGE BAY. THE OTHER PART OF THE GARAGE HAS A SEPARATE DOOR TO PARK A CAR IN.
THE UPSTAIRS OF THE GARAGE HAS A FINISHED OFFICE FACING THE LAKE WITH A GREAT VIEW, CAN BE USED FOR ADDED SLEEPING QUARTERS. THE REAR PART OF THE UPSTAIRS HAS A VERY LARGE STORAGE AREA.
AN ATTACHED 18' X 10' ROOM TO THE GARGE IS FOR A SNOWBLOWER, LAWN TRACTOR AND OTHER LAWN TOOLS.
THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM BUILT HOME WITH MANY UPDATED FEATURES.
CALL TODAY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO TOUR THIS HOME.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 2,400
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1972
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 15,000 Sq. Ft.
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed