|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This unique twenty-five acre property has it all - house, barn, and land!
The custom home feels crisp and new. Great chef's kitchen (owner/builders are kitchen-bath professionals). Appliances stay. Built-in cabinetry everywhere; gorgeous real wood doors & trim.
Large windows celebrate the outdoors from every spacious room. Two baths have 5ft showers (one with steam). Third bath has 6ft air-pulse tub. Log-walled rec room with queen-size loft... could be fifth bedroom.
Ultra-efficient - R48 SIP roof, extra thick foam-insulated walls. Natural gas fired in-floor heat. High-efficiency AC, whole-house HEPA filter, fresh-air exchanger. Cable TV - hi-speed internet. Underground utilities.
Great room has 12ft ceiling, massive granite water feature, cast iron wood stove, plank and steel stairway, and
8 1/2 x 5ft windows looking out on magnificent white oaks.
Horses love the 60 x 84ft barn's south-facing run-in area. Barn has two-foot rock-gravel drainage bed. Doors in all four gable ends - rock-filled drains at all four corners. White oak pen, paddock, etc. Insulated walls and roof, translucent venting ridges, vaulted trusses.
And what a piece of land! A third of the land is level ground, perfect for home, barn, and pasture. And the rest of the land... no need to trailer-up for trail riding. Just ride out of the barn into surrounding full-growth timber - then into a deep hidden valley with trails along a spring-fed stream, among huge trees and sun-lit meadows. You won't believe this is just 25 acres!
Quintessential small-town Princeton, Illinois is only three miles away. Eighteen holes of golf across the road. Board the Amtrak Zephyr, and you're in the Chicago Loop.
Time for us to say good-bye... and for you to call this amazing place home.
- Stories: 2.5
- Square Feet: 3,000
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 5
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2004
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 25.17 Acres
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed